I got this out of a magazine – can’t remember which – and was floored by how moist this was. It’s the sour cream. Throw in some coarsely chopped toasted walnuts for a punch of omega-3’s. This is the only banana bread recipe you’ll need. Like, ever. You’re welcome.
1 c. sugar
¼ c. light butter, softened
3 mashed bananas (1 2/3 c.)
¼ c. fat-free milk
¼ c. low-fat sour cream
2 large egg whites
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda (try ½ tsp)
½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Combine sugar and butter in a bowl, beat with mixer at medium speed until well-blended. Add bananas, milk, sour-cream, and egg whites and beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir well. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, beating until blended.
- Spoon batter into 4 (5” x 2½”) mini-loaf pans, coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350˚ for 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Yield: 4 loaves (4 servings per loaf).
Serving size: 1 slice. Calories 147 (14% from fat). Fat 2.2g. Protein 2.5g. Carbs 30g. Fiber 1.1g. Cholesterol 7mg.