This is a great recipe from marthastewart.com and makes wonderful popovers every time – as long as you use actual popover pans!!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing tin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a popover tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Pour over flour mixture, and fold until just blended.
- Fill the popover cups two-thirds to three-quarters full.
- Transfer tin to oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees, and bake until well browned and crusty, about 20 minutes. Remove popovers from the oven, and unmold onto a rack. Puncture the sides with a sharp knife to let steam escape, and serve immediately.