Dad found this on Pinterest, and it seemed perfect for his healthy lifestyle. And I’m game for anything, so GAME ON!
PROTEIN PUMPKIN PIE…GLUTEN FREE
(check your protein powder for gluten)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup low-fat or non-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1/2 cup regular milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute like Zero erythritol or coconut palm sugar
- 2-3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder. Note… you might want to start with 2, but I use 3 scoops Jay Rob Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. maple extract (optional)
- 12 pecans for the top
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray LARGE pie dish and 2 small ramekins or rectangular 11×7 glass pyrex dish
- Blend cottage cheese, eggs and 1/2 of the milk until smooth…until you can not detect any cottage cheese specks (SEE IMPORTANT NOTE BELOW). add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth…VERY SMOOTH. there is NO FLOUR so you don’t have to worry about over mixing.
- Pour into sprayed cooking dish of choice, decorate with pecans and bake for 40-45 minutes or until middle is set and solid. it should not jiggle at all
NOTE…(photo below) do not worry if the sides brown a little and the whole thing PUFFS UP. it will deflate and settle. This is a hard pie to “over-bake”.