Parks family recipe right here. SOOO good. The tamales give it a fresh kick without it being spicy, and the cornbread . . . oh, mamma mia! You’ll never go back to Stouffer’s stuffing again.
*Featured in our Thanksgiving 2012 Menu.
Serves: 8 to 10
- 4 cups toasted Super-Quick Paleo Bread
- ¾ cup each, chopped: onion and celery
- ⅓ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 cups chicken or turkey broth (reduce to 3 if tamales came with sauce)
- 8 tamales
- 1½ cups toasted pecan halves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 3-quart pan or casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 1½ hours.
- Dressing may be prepared ahead of time, except for bread and pecans, then baked the day of.