This is the best chili recipe you’ll ever make. It was the blue ribbon winner at a chili cook-off, garnering a prize worth $20,000 according to the recipe book it came from. With surprise ingredients like beer and unsweetened cocoa, the blend of seasonings and flavors creates a mouth watering chili that will have them begging for the recipe. This chili has been taste tested by people that have searched high and low for the best chili recipe and they agreed…it is definitely a winner!
- 2 ½ lb. lean chuck, ground
1 lb. lean pork, ground
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped onion
8 oz. hunt’s tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 can beer (12 oz.)
3 Tbsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. instant beef bouillon (or 6 cubes)
2 Tbsp. cumin, ground
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. oregano leaves
2 tsp. sugar
½ tsp. coriander, ground
1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa
½ tsp. Louisiana hot sauce
1 teaspoon cornmeal
1 teaspoon flour
1 teaspoon warm water
- In a large saucepan brown 1 ¼ pounds of the ground meat (the beef and the pork), drain the fat.
- Remove meat (the beef and the pork). Brown the rest of the ground meat, drain all but 2 Tbsp. of the fat.
- Add the garlic and onion, cook and stir until tender.
- Add the other half of the meat and the tomato sauce, water, beer, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, paprika, oregano, sugar, coriander, cocoa, and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornmeal and flour, then add the warm water and mix well.
- Stir into chili and cook, covered, for an additional 20 minutes.