Makes about 16 small rolls or 8 larger rolls.
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1⅓ oz. oil (about 2.5 Tbsp.)
- ⅓ tsp. salt
- 5⅓ oz. tapioca starch (about 1¼ cups)
- 1 egg
- 2½ oz. grated Parmesan (about ¾ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Add the water, milk, oil, and salt to a large pot and bring to a boil. Remove pot from heat and add the tapioca starch. Mix well with a wooden spoon and let cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the egg. Knead well – traditionally this is done by hand, but you can use a mixer. Add the grated cheese and keep kneading until the dough is smooth. Grease your hands with oil and then roll the mixture into small balls, about 1 Tbsp. at a time.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet greased with oil or lined with parchment paper. Bake the cheese rolls for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. You may need to rotate halfway through cooking to ensure even browning. Serve warm.